GUIDE FOR GRADUATES
As a graduate without a job there are a couple of things that you need to know in order to receive unemployment insurance benefits. We will guide you through the steps.
1. Change your membership status
Change your status as soon as possible and no later than 2 weeks after graduation. If you miss this deadline, you will not be entitled to unemployment insurance benefits.
Enter Tast Selv and log on by using your NemId. Choose the menu “studerende/dimittender” and then the form “uddannelsesafslutning”. Fill out the form by entering the date of your last exam and complete by clicking “Godkend og send”.
Not a member yet?
2. Register as unemployed at www.jobnet.dk
The deadlines that must be met in order to receive unemployment insurance benefits are:
- Register the first day after your last exam if you have been a member during the last year. You can receive unemployment insurance benefits from the day after you have passed your last exam.
- Register no later than 1 month after you have passed your last exam, if you have been a member for less than 1 year. You can receive unemployment insurance benefits from 1 month after you have passed your last exam. - If you plan to leave Denmark for a while, you have to register the first day you are back in Denmark.
- If you have registered at the Job centre before leaving Denmark, you have to deregister the day you leave Denmark and register again, when you come back to Denmark.
- You must create a user profile at Jobnet.dk and then register as unemployed. Select the link "Meld dig ledig" at the frontpage and follow the procedure. You can also show up in person at your nearest Jobcenter.
3. Fill in the ledighedserklæring (declaration of unemployment
After receiving a letter confirming your membership of FTFa you can fill in the “Ledighedserklæring” as soon as possible after you have passed your last exam. When we have dealt with your “Ledighedserklæring”, you will receive at letter with the title “Dagpenge efter din uddannelse”.
Member for at least 1 year
After you have changed your status to graduate, you will get a letter with the title “Ændring af forsikring”. Then you can complete the “Ledighedserklæring”. When we have completed your “Ledighedserklæring” you will receive a letter with the title “Dagpenge efter din uddannelse”.
4. Registration certificate
It is important that you apply for a new registration certificate (EU residence document) at The State Administration as soon as you graduate.
When FTFa have registered that you have graduated, we can provide you with a print for you to bring to The State Administration to apply for a new registration certificate.
The registration certificate you got for participating in an education, is not valid after you have graduated.
For more information and addresses check statsforvaltningen.dk and read about EU residence.
5. Book an intro meeting at FTFa
Within the first 2 weeks of unemployment, you have to book an intro meeting at FTFa. Here you will be informed about the possibilities and obligations while receiving unemployment insurance benefits.
We will send you an invitation to book this intro meeting at FTFa.
6. Create a CV at www.jobnet.dk
We have to approve your CV within the first 2 weeks after your registration at the Job centre. The approval will take place as soon as possible after the intro meeting at FTFa. We will also make a plan for your job search.
You must have completed your CV at jobnet before attending the intro meeting.
7. Check your job suggestions at least once a week
You must check your job suggestions (check dine jobforslag) at Jobnet at least once a week. If you fail to do this, you might be deregistered at the Job centre and your unemployment insurance benefits will be stopped. To regain your unemployment insurance benefits, you have to register at the Job centre again.
You also have to make sure that you are registered with a Danish address at your municipality and you have to reside in Denmark, while you receive unemployment insurance benefits. Otherwise your unemployment insurance benefits will be stopped.
8. Apply for jobs every week
While you are unemployed, you are expected to apply for announced, relevant, and realistic full-time jobs in Denmark every week. Relevant and realistic jobs mean jobs that you are actually able to manage.
Register your job search at jobnet.dk. We will use the joblog to evaluate your job search and job availability.
9. Unemployment insurance benefits
Unemployment insurance benefits covers a period of a month at a time. The money will be paid backwards on a monthly basis. Each month you need to fill in the unemployment insurance benefits card. See the payment calendar for more details.
Your unemployment insurance benefits will be paid on the basis of the information you provide to us at your benefit card. Therefore, all information about work, income, holidays, illness etc. must appear on your benefit card.
10. We recommend
This is just a brief guide. We advise you to:
Spend some time learning the main rules as soon as you can and that you familiarize yourself with ftfa.dk
Learn the Danish language. This will increase your opportunities for a job. Talk to your Jobcenter about Danish courses