CV AND COVER LETTER - TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Your CV and cover letter hold the key to reaching your next job interview.
Here we have collected a number of tips, tricks and examples so that you can write a good application and a targeted CV.
- Do your homework, before you start working on your application.
- Know the values of the workplace. Analyze the job advert and target your motivation.
- Don´t call the company before you have prepared relevant questions as well as a presentation of yourself.
- Call the contact person on the advert so you might learn more than what is posted in the advert itself.
- Don´t write the application before you have settled on concrete things that you can offer them as an employee
- Keep the application length at 1 page
- Don´t send the application before you have checked for spelling errors, typos, dates, and the name of the workplace. Make a friend or your a-kasse read through your cover letter and cv before you send them.
THREE ELEMENTS IN A COVER LETTER
First paragraph: Your motivation for sending an application to their company. Be specific and to the point.
Second paragraph: the professional match: write an example of what you have done in a previous position, what did it result in, and end off the paragraph by telling them what you are going to do when they hire you/how you will help them solve a problem.
Third paragraph: The personal match. How do you match with them as a person. Are you detail oriented, flexible?
Limit the word “I” to 5-10 times as the cover letter primarily is about the company and in the future – how you can contribute when you get the job. Therefore give an example at the end of the second paragraph.
FEEDBACK WITHIN 24 HOURS
We offer feedback on your cv and cover letter within 24 hours.
Read more about our 24 hour cv and cover letter service, and find out how to make use of it here.24 hours feedback