REQUIREMENTS FOR YOU AS UNEMPLOYED
We understand that job searching can be different when you are an artist. Therefore, we have listed some of the requirements specifically for you as an unemployed artist, to help you navigate the unemployment benefit system more easily.
Note: It is important that you actively search for employment from your first day of unemployment.
You will find the requirements below.
As an unemployed individual within the creative industries, there are various ways you can search for jobs. You might seek job opportunities through your network, attend castings, or receive calls about available positions. You may also find job postings in Facebook groups or on job search portals.
All of these methods count as job searching as long as the jobs you apply for meet the following requirements:
- You must apply for at least 2 full-time jobs per week.
- If there aren't enough positions available within your own industry, you should apply for positions that you can handle with a relatively short training period.
- It is important that you actively search for employment from your first day of unemployment.
Remember to log your job applications in your Joblog on jobnet.dk every week.
When you need to fill out your unemployment benefit card, it is important to remember to:
- Specify the fee on the day the work was performed.
- Specify the hours if you are employed on an hourly basis.
If you want to take a vacation, you must report it on jobnet.dk at least 14 days before your planned vacation.
If you are sick, you need to report your sickness on jobnet.dk.
When you secure employment, it is crucial to remember to deregister as unemployed on jobnet.dk.
Alternatively, you can call your Jobcenter and deregister yourself. FTFa will be notified of your deregistration through jobnet.dk.
Refer to our guide on how to deregister from unemployment benefits here.