Below you can read about the different contacts you will meet in connection to your unemployment.


We are your sparring partner when you apply for jobs, and we make sure that you receive your unemployment insurance benefits on time. We also participate in joint meetings at your job centre. Use us when you are looking for jobs, planning your work life or have questions about the unemployment insurance fund rules. You also apply for holiday allowance from us.

We are responsible for you when you are unemployed and well enough to look for jobs. When you are ill or on maternity/paternity leave we will share responsibility of you. 

The job centre/jobnet.dk

When you are unemployed you will be connected to a job centre in your municipality. All job centres use the webpage jobnet.dk. You have to register as unemployed, check your job suggestions once a week, and register as ill on that page.

The job centre is also responsible for all forms of activation such as internships, wage subsidy and language courses. It is also the job centre you need to inform when you find employment and no longer need unemployment insurance benefits.

Other party

Some members cooperate with another party in order to find employment. It is your job centre who cooperates with another party such as Ballisager or Integro. If you are connected to another party, they will take over the role of your job centre. However, you still need to register as unemployed, ill and check your job suggestions at jobnet.dk.

Udbetaling Danmark

If you are going on maternity/paternity leave Udbetaling Danmark will be paying your benefits. If you are unemployed, you must notify us of your due date a few months before, and we will let Udbetaling Danmark know when you are going on maternity/paternity leave and how much you should receive in benefits.

If you are employed your boss will report to Udbetaling Danmark. If you go directly from studying to maternity/paternity leave you have to notify Udbetaling Danmark yourself.


If you have earned holiday allowance from an employer, borger.dk, which is the webpage of the municipality, will be in charge of the payment. Your municipality will let us know when you receive your holiday allowance since you cannot collect holiday allowance and unemployment insurance benefits at the same time.

The trade unions

We always recommend our members to join a trade union. Your trade union can answer all of your questions regarding settlements, work terms and pay scale. The trade union will also help you if you find yourself in a conflict at work or if you face a severance agreement. We work with 58 trade unions.


When you receive unemployment insurance benefits, Skat will inform us of your tax information. We will use your tax rate and deduction card as the standard, so if you want us to use your secondary tax card you will have to let us know. Information about and changes to deductions and rates can be found at Skat.


In the table below you can find information about who can assist you with what.

  • Is your inquiry about:
    Then contact:
  • Unemployment unsurance benefits
  • Payments, rates and rights
    Your unemployment insurance fund
  • Sickness benefits
  • Payments
    Your unemployment insurance fund/The job center
  • Maternity benefits
  • Reporting maternity benefits if not unemployed and not working
    Udbetaling Danmark
  • Reporting maternity benefits if employed
    Your employer
  • Calculation of maternity benefits
    Udbetaling Danmark
  • Illness
  • Reporting illness if employed
    Your employer
  • Reporting illness if not unemployed and not working
    The municipality you live in
  • Holiday
  • Reporting holiday as unemployed
    The job center
  • Changing reported holiday from the jobcenter as unemployed
    The job center
  • Applying for and payments of holiday unemployment insurance benefits
    The unemployment insurance fund
  • Changing reported holiday from FerieKonto as unemployed
  • Unemployment
  • Errors connedted to registrering as unemployed on jobnet.dk
    The job center
  • Internship abroad
    The job center
  • Job focused courses
    The unemployment insurance fund
  • Courses and education that is not a part of Job focused courses
    The Job center
  • Invitation to joint meetings
    The jobcenter
  • Agreements regarding wage susidy employment, internship and other activation options
    The jobcenter
  • Agreements regarding job rotation
    The jobcenter
  • Changes to your job plan
    The jobcenter
  • Questions regarding jobnet.dk
    The job center/Jobnet support - no. 0045 7015 2030
  • Residence and work permit
  • Permanent residence and work permit (EEA citizen)
    The State Administration Denmark
  • Tax card
  • Changes to your deductions on your tax card
  • Working conditions
  • Questions connected to employment and salary
    The trade union

Now streaming: