CV AND COVER LETTER - TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Your CV and cover letter hold the key to reaching your next job interview.
Here we have collected a number of tips, tricks and examples so that you can write a good application and a targeted CV.
- Do your homework, before you start working on your application.
- Know the values of the workplace. Analyze the job advert and target your motivation.
- Don´t call the company before you have prepared relevant questions as well as a presentation of yourself.
- Call the contact person on the advert so you might learn more than what is posted in the advert itself.
- Don´t write the application before you have settled on concrete things that you can offer them as an employee
- Keep the application length at 1 page
- Don´t send the application before you have checked for spelling errors, typos, dates, and the name of the workplace. Make a friend or your a-kasse read through your cover letter and cv before you send them.
THREE ELEMENTS IN A COVER LETTER
First paragraph: Your motivation for sending an application to their company. Be specific and to the point.
Second paragraph: the professional match: write an example of what you have done in a previous position, what did it result in, and end off the paragraph by telling them what you are going to do when they hire you/how you will help them solve a problem.
Third paragraph: The personal match. How do you match with them as a person. Are you detail oriented, flexible?
Limit the word “I” to 5-10 times as the cover letter primarily is about the company and in the future – how you can contribute when you get the job. Therefore give an example at the end of the second paragraph.